Ok so my daughter looooves princesses! She loves playing dress up, her little friends love to play when they come over; our dress ups are played with a lot! And after Santa brought more dress ups for Christmas, I knew we needed a solution to our dress up issue. I felt like our whole house was being taken over by dress ups! Or my daughter would hang them up in her closet but then when friends would come play, they'd play with her real clothes too! Talk about a mess... :)
So I began searching Pinterest for options. I fell in love with some ideas but when it came down to it, I just didn't have the time or energy to make my own from scratch. I wanted it nice though since we've got Lissa who'll take over the dress ups in a few years. But I wasn't wanting to spend a lot of money either! So I randomly stopped in our thrift store one day and found an amazing score! It happened to be a 40 percent off furniture day- sweet! I saw this distressed black dresser and fell in love instantly. It was $60 and then 40 percent off of that. So as I stood there thinking about, having not wanted to spend over $20, decided to check all the drawers. Well 1 was super jammed and after the worker spent 45 mins trying to fix it, I offered him a deal. I said, I'll you $20 and I'll deal with the drawers- he was going to remove every drawer and then put them back in. I was just going to go home and remove them all again anyways! He said done! I said score! So we put it in my car, I struggled and got it out by myself, and spent naptime removing drawers. There were about 12 or 13 screws each drawer... But it worked! I'm so happy with how it turned out and how easy it was!
I left the bottom drawer for shoes and large accessories. This has been a huge hit and keeps the dress ups clean! Win win. Easy, cheap, fast- I can't complain. Happy dress ups!!
Well we are ready for Easter around here! I love the pbk Easter baskets but knew looking at them, that I could make these with felt scraps I had on hand. So I whipped these up yesterday afternoon and couldn't be happier with the results! I found a great tutorial with the pattern already made. Su-weet! The only thing I would change in her tutorial is to do the face before sewing it together! It would've been so much easier. But I'm happy with the end result and can't wait to celebrate our family Easter traditions!
Check out the tutorial and pattern here-
Ok and I'm trying a post from my phone for the first time! I have been sewing and creating again lately and want to share! I'll be back again soon with an update- I promise ;)